We want to thank you for shopping at Finish Line and want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are unsure about your purchase, please do not wear the item(s). Merchandise may be returned under these guidelines.
Returning items to a Finish Line store
In most cases, merchandise may be returned at any Finish Line store location within 45 days of the original purchase as long as it meets the following requirements:
- You must bring your original packing slip.
- The credit card used for the original purchase must be presented. Orders placed using a gift card will be refunded with a new gift card in the amount of the refund. (Orders placed using debit cards will not be refunded for cash.)
- Footwear items must be returned in their original box, and apparel items must have the tags unless problems in manufacturing exist.
You will also be required to present a valid photo ID* that will be recorded at the time of the return. Information from your ID will be retained in a company-wide database of customer return activity that Finish Line and its affiliates use to authorize in-store returns. We reserve the right to limit returns or exchanges in our stores regardless of receipt or packing slip.
*Acceptable forms of ID: U.S. or Canadian Driver's License, U.S. State ID, Canadian Province ID, U.S. Military ID, Mexican Voter Registration Card, or Passport.
Normal wear and tear is not warranted on any merchandise. Exchanges on worn merchandise will only be made when the damage is caused by a manufacturer's defect. Items cut or sliced by sharp objects cannot be exchanged. After 45 days, items may not be returned for any reason.
Returning items by mail
Online purchases may be returned back to us at:
Finish Line Online
3308 N. Mitthoeffer Road
Indianapolis, IN 46235
Upon receipt of your order, please examine it carefully. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the order, call our Customer Care Center at 1.888.777.3949
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to Midnight, Saturday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Sunday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET for further instruction.
- Explain the problem to the customer care representative, and you will be given a return authorization number to write on your packing slip, so that you may return the item. Returns will not be accepted without prior authorization.
- All products must be returned in new condition. Footwear items must be returned in their original box and apparel items must have the tags unless problems in manufacturing exist. Items purchased from a Finish Line store (not online) cannot be returned to Finish Line Online.
- Finish Line Online advises that when shipping product back, customers should choose the same shipper that delivered the product, as well as insure the item for full value should anything happen during shipping. Finish Line is not responsible for returned product in transit.
- Upon receipt of your order at our warehouse, we will examine the product, and as long as it meets the pre-defined return criteria, we will issue a credit for the original purchase. An email confirmation notifying you of the credit will be sent to the email address provided on your order. Allow up to two billing cycles for the credit to appear on your credit card statement. Orders returned for credit that were purchased with a Gift Card will be refunded by a check, which would be mailed to the billing address.
- We do not offer exchanges for items returned by mail at this time. If any item is returned via mail and meet the pre-defined return criteria, the necessary credit will be applied to the customer's account. If you would like to exchange your online purchase, please visit any of our stores nationwide.
- After 45 days, items may not be returned for any reason.
*Shipping charges will be refunded only if we have sent the wrong item or the item is defective.
All Finish Line Online orders are shipped via United Parcel Service. Product availability will determine when items in an order will ship. Orders with more than one item may be shipped from separate fulfilling locations. Delivery times vary depending on the final destination. Once we ship the items in your order, you will receive a shipment confirmation email with your UPS tracking number included.
Note: A business day is considered Monday through Friday, not including holidays.
Continental United States:
First Item: $8.49
Each Additional Item: $2.99
Alaska and Hawaii:
First Item: $24.99
Each Additional Item: $2.99
*Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii are sent UPS Second Day Air.
Cancel and change requests
How do I cancel an order?
If for any reason you would like to cancel your order, please call 888-777-3949 as soon as possible. We will do everything we can to accommodate your request but cannot guarantee that your request will be honored due to real time order processing. If an order has already entered the shipping process, we will not be able to cancel the order.
If your order cannot be cancelled, you may either refuse delivery of the product or ship the product back to us. Finish Line Online advises that when shipping product back, customers should choose the same shipper that delivered the product, as well as insure the item for full value should anything happen during shipping. Finish Line is not responsible for returned product in transit.
Please see our Return Policies
section for further details. We will not refund shipping for these orders since the order already was shipped.
In order to show an expanded inventory online, Finish Line may ship some of the items listed online from one our nationwide retail stores. Because of this expanded inventory, shipping times for certain items may vary based on current inventory levels.
The availability estimate on each item's product information page refers only to how long it will take us to ship the product. In transit times will vary based on the order's final destination.
Finish Line reserves the right to restrict product quantities per order at their discretion. There will be a maximum of five units allowed per customer, unless pre-approved by Customer Care. Orders that exceed these limitations may be cancelled without prior notification.
Finish Line determines sales tax in accordance with state and local laws and regulations. We charge applicable sales tax on all merchandise purchased in states where we have stores.
Some states require us to collect sales tax on the shipping charges as well. In those states, sales tax will be calculated on the purchase price of the merchandise plus the shipping charges.
If you have any questions about the tax rate on your packing slip (invoice), or if you believe your order should be tax exempt, please call us at 888-777-3949.
Finish Line currently accept both credit cards and Finish Line gift cards as forms of payment online.
Credit cards that Finish Line currently accept online: debit cards (deducts from your bank account), Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover card.
Customers can use Gift Cards received from a Finish Line store online. Please enter the Gift Card number on the billing information page along with the pin number located on the back of the card. For orders paid by Gift Card with no remaining Order Total balance, please disregard the credit card information on the billing information page. If you have a Gift Card that does not have a pin number on the back please call 888-777-3949 for assistance.
Transparency in Supply Chains
Finish Line supports the goals of the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010. Finish Line is opposed to human trafficking and slavery and takes steps to ensure that these illegal behaviors are not incorporated into Finish Line's supply chain. Finish Line's agreements with its vendors, including Finish Line's Vendor Compliance Manual, require vendors to certify that they will not engage in this type of behavior and will comply with local laws. Finish Line also has the right to conduct unannounced audits using independent auditing agencies. To ensure that we hold ourselves to the level to which we hold our vendors, Finish Line has internal standards and procedures for training and disciplining employees and suppliers that fail to uphold our goals of a free workplace. Together, we can all help to stop human trafficking and slavery in the retail industry.